This year’s Road Cycling National Champs weekend were the usual mix of predictable and completely un-guessable, which I love. Check out the race report collection on Ella Cycling Tips – and here’s a little collection of videos and results – and of course, if you have more that I’ve missed, please do let me know, either in the comments or on twitter, and I’ll edit them in. In alphabetical order…
Video highlights on Sporza – and this made me grin:
Little video interview with winner Kaat Hannes, after the race. Race report on Lensworld-Zannata’s website, and full results from the Road Race and ITT.
The Road Race was won by Annie Foreman-Mackey
Video interviews with second-placed Joëlle Numainville, and Leah Kirchmann in third. Elite women’s results and U23 and Junior women.
In the ITT, it was Foreman-Mackey’s The Cyclery-Opus team-mate Tara Whitten, back from really nasty head and neck injuries:
Full results from the elite women, and the U23 and junior women’s ITTs.
This week’s episode is an epic one. I’m not gonna lie, Sarah and I are ridiculously excited about the news leading up to the Ronde van Vlaanderen this weekend. It’s going to be amazing. Before we get into that though we catch up on everything Gent Wevelgem! There’s the Pajot Hills Classic, the first round of the Enduro World Series (from Chile!) some BMX and whole load of other interesting bits and pieces from around the web. We also have a new pinnacle of HTFU to present and some more great news about prizemoney (and all the ways in which that’s fantastic too)! We’ve got some great rider blogs and a heap of new videos to check out below as well! (1:08:59 MIN / 63.0 MB)
You can of course sign up for free and automatic downloads via iTunes or via our RSS feed!
Things we talked about this week
Make sure you watch the Ronde van Vlaanderen on Sunday.
This week’s racing
Collection of videos, photos and links.
Photo gallery on Ella Cycling Tips and on Rabo-Liv’s website – and full results.
The full videos of the season intro show, Qualifications, Time Trials and the Main Event – and the winning runs:
Holy fuckballs team! It’s 2013 and there’s all sorts of bike-y shit going on! So Sarah and I decided to get together and talk about it. Things we talked about include (but are not limited to):
- The Ladies Tour of Qatar, live video of races and general Arab awesomeness
- We address cycling’s first, oldest and best riddle – Q: When is a break not a break? (listen for the answer!)
- I take a moment to compare watching a race with Sarah to taking a child to see a pantomime (behind you!!!!)
- Sarah’s awful to Emma Johansson (not really Emma, it’s ok)
- We contemplate the nature of Kirsten Wild
- I talk Australian Track Nationals (super briefly, with very few left-hand turns)
- Then we discuss the Cyclocross World Championships
- Somewhere near the end we pause to consider the Pat McQuaidness of it all and then I uncover a plot by the UCI to replace Sarah with a robot
It makes more sense when you listen to it (sort of). Welcome to 2013!!!! (1:05:48 MIN / 63.31 MB)
OR you can demonstrate your lasting allegiance to our fruity overlords and subscribe in the iTunes thingy.
These are the things we talked about in this podcast: