17th-23rd September 2017
It’s that time of year again – Road World Championships, and this time we’re in Bergen, in Norway. I’m here to tell you how to watch the women’s races, and follow them online.
I love World Championships, and Norway is so stunning. The racing should be hilly, and hard, and most of it will be live somewhere at least – here’s the UCI TV guide, and it will all be shown on the UCI youtube. If some things are shown in your region but not everything, you should be able to access that, but you may need a VPN (try setting it to Canada), though there should be streams on sites like this one and this one.
Norway is in the European timezone, CEST, so 1 hour ahead of UK BST, 6 hours ahead of North American EDT, and 8 hours behind Australian AEST.
- Women’s Team Time Trial, Sunday 17th September, 12:00 CEST (11am UK BST; 6am USA EDT; 8pm Aus AEST) – startlist, livetiming, course details and UCI livestream.
- Junior Women’s Individual Time Trial, Monday 18th, 10:35 CEST (9:35am BEST; 4:35am EDT, 6:35pm AEST) – startlist/livetiming, course details and UCI livestream.
- Elite Women’s ITT, Tuesday 19th, 15:35 CEST (2:35pm BST; 9:35am EDT; 11:35pm AEST) – startlist/livetiming will be here (or from CyclingFever), course details and UCI livestream.
- Junior Women’s Road Race, Friday 22nd, 10:05 CEST (9:05am BST; 4:05am EDT; 6:05pm AEST) – startlist/livetiming will be here, course details and UCI livestream. I don’t know much about the Junior women, but I have a long twitter thread with riders I know about, starting here.
- Elite Women’s Road Race, Saturday 23rd, 13:30 CEST (12:30pm BST; 7:30am EDT; 6:30pm AEST) – startlist/livetiming will be here (or from CyclingFever), course details and UCI livestream to follow.
Those Youtube livestreams should stay there after the races are over, if you miss them, and there’ll be highlights on the UCI Youtube, as well as on the TV channel websites that are showing the races.
Tissot means we’ll have livetiming, which will be great for the time trials, and may include lap information on the road races.
If you want to follow live on twitter, the Bergen2017 account is excellent, and I’m guessing the UCI women’s cycling twitter may update us about their races? The hashtag is #Bergen2017, and I’ll update my live racing list with people who are at the race.
You can also follow the race instagram, facebook and snapchat as Bergen 2017, and their website is fantastic. Check out the full programme, with a ton of amazing-looking events. And there is also a lot more information, including all the rules, on the UCI Worlds portal.
Enjoy! I’ll be on twitter all week, if you have any questions – or ask me in the comments below. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!