This week Sarah makes a foolish promise as we try to cover all of the rest of the 2016 Olympic racing and the various other races that took place since we last spoke. There’s the Olympic time trial, the track racing, the bmx, the mtb along with the Route de France, the Ladies Tour of Norway and the Open de Suede Vargarda. It’s a huge amount of racing and there’s a whole bunch of other stuff in there too. Brace yourselves for all the results that are fit to print (i.e. podcast). (1:23:21 MIN / 76.32 MB)
You can sign up for free automated downloads via the iTunes store here or via our RSS page here.
Things we talked about this week included…
Photos from the Olympic MTB, on Pinkbike. Highlights of the MTB, and of Mariana Pajón winning the BMX:
The Team Time Trial
The Crescent Vårgårda Road Race
Want to see the full race coverage? It’s here – Part 1 and Part 2
This week we do a full recap of the excitement and drama that was the 2016 Olympic Women’s Road Race in Rio. From the amazing efforts of Trixi Worrack, Marianne Vos, Ellen van Dijk, Mara Abbott and so many more, to the terrifying crash that changed the entire picture of the race we talk through each moment that lead to the final result. We also take some time to talk through the coming Individual Time Trial, who the top contenders are and who our favourites are likely to be. We include a couple of dark horse picks as well. It’s all Olympics this week, in all its glory. (1:32:05 MIN / 84.31 MB)
You can sign up for free, automated updates via the iTunes store here or via the RSS feed here.
Because the Olympics are tough like this, we can’t find unrestricted videos of the race – it is what it is, hopefully highlights and the full race turns up on the Olympic YouTube at some point, like the London 2012 one did. If you want highlights, check with your local Olympic broadcaster, and we have found these (they may be geo-restricted, but there are ways round that):
- NOS (Dutch) Van der Breggen interview – and more clips at the bottom of the page, including highlights, medal ceremony, post-medals interview, responses from Vos and Van Dijk, Vos playing domestique, and clip about the awful Van Vleuten crash (it’s traumatic)
- BBC Brit-focused report, with the final kilometre highlights
- Sporza’s clips from Belgium: Highlights and Van der Breggen’s post-race response (may not be restricted) – and more videos down the side of the page, includinghighlights, Van der Breggen talking about Johansson, post-race responses from Kopecky and Vekemans,
- SBS Video with reactions from the Australians
- More clips in Ella Cycling Tips‘ post-race piece
It’s onwards to the ITT, Track, BMX and MTB – Sarah’s guide on how to watch and follow all the women’s cycling is here.