This week’s episode covers a lot of historic moments in the midst of a very dynamic 2017 season. There’s Tour of the Gila in the US and Omloop van Borsele to cover off, along with the first ever women’s edition of Liege-Bastogne-Liege in all it’s conTEXT and glory. There’s some interesting articles from during the week including the latest edition of Ella’s SHE-cret Pro which seems to have stirred up a bit of controversy. In addition to which we take the time to appropriately thank the UCI for their help with making La Course more La Course-y than ever before.
Listen to us here, or download directly from Soundcloud
This week’s women’s cycling news, videos and links
This week’s racing
- Stage 2 – results, race report, photos
- Stage 3 ITT – results, race report, photos and video interviews, with Ariadna Gutiérrez Arzaluz, with Alison Tetrick and with Julie Emmerman
- Stage 4 Crit – results, race report,
- Stage 5 – results, race report, photos and videos
Nations Cup #4 – Junior Omloop van Borsele Stage Race
- Photo galleries on the race website and video galleries
- Enduro – photo gallery on Pinkbike and video highlights:
- Pump Track – photo gallery on Pinkbike, and mini-video including Danielle Beecroft v Jill Kintner
- Pro Cross Country race – photo gallery on Pinkbike,
- Video: 5 riders talk about their bikes, including Jill Kintner
Highlights of the UK domestic-level Essex Giro
Other things we saw this week
The Spring 2017 edition of Casquette, the free women’s cycling newspaper/magazine, is out next week! You can look for it in these UK venues, or order it for for delivery anywhere in the world only the cost of post, online.
We have feelings about the “innovative” new second part of La Course by Le Tour de France. Here’s all we can find about the actual details:
We’d tell you more about it…. but there’s nothing at all on the race website
We both loved the Indian Pacific Wheel Race, so were devastated when Mike Hall died while on the final stretch. RIP Mike – and here’s Juliana Buhring finishing, riding for Mike.
- USA Crits Speed Week, 22nd-30th April – 6 races over 8 days, and three of them live! Check out the livestreams for the Spartanburg Crit on 28th, Athens Crit on 29th, and Hennessy Crit on 30th. Follow on the race twitter and with #USACrits.
- Vuelta Femenina Internacional a Costa Rica, 26-30th April, UCI 2.2 – this might have been cancelled
- Gracia-Orlová, 27-30th April, Czech Republic, UCI 2.2.
- Festival Elsy Jacobs, 28-30th April, Luxembourg, UCI 2.1 – this will be streamed live, come back nearer the time for how to watch
- Tour de Yorkshire, 29th April, Great Britain, UCI 1.1 – this will be streamed live, come back nearer the time for how to watch
- 2017 Downhill MTB World Cup #1, Lourdes, 29-30th April, France – there will be tons of race media, and the races will be streamed live on Red Bull Bike, and if you’re in the UK, shown on the Bike Channel.
- Tour of ChongMing Island, 5-7th May, China, WorldTour #9. This was live last year, and I’ll put up links about this year nearer the time
- Lotto Cycling Cup #3, Trofee Maarten Wynants, 7th May, Belgium, UCI 1.1. Check out the Lotto Cycling Cup twitter for more information.
To keep up with the road racing that will be shown live in 2017, bookmark Sarah’s collection of races we can watch this year.
Big thanks to all of Sarah’s Patreon supporters, who fund her to do all her women’s cycling work, including these round-up posts. You can join them here!