It was a great weekend of women’s cycling, with the start of the Classics season – and while there are just clips from the Omloop het Nieuwsblad, we have the FULL Omloop van het Hageland to be able to watch again.
If you see more, please do tell me in the comments below, or on twitter, and I’ll edit it in – and I’m including some of the sponsors, and I’d love it in you could take 5 minutes to send some of them your thanks for supporting the women’s racing, in whatever social media/communications style suits you!
This is sadly the only race highlights – if you can, please click through and watch it on Sporza to show them we really want to see the racing. Or it’s also on YT:
Interviews, from Wielerflits, with Band, Blaak, and third-placed Annemiek van Vleuten
Fan videos from the Ruitersstraat and Lange Munte cobbles:
1. Lucinda Brand (Ned) Sunweb, 3:19:58
2. Chantal Blaak (Ned) Boels-Dolmans, + 00:15
3. Annemiek van Vleuten (Ned) ORICA-Scott, s.t.
4. Ellen van Dijk (Ned) Sunweb, s.t.
5. Elisa Longo Borghini (Ita) Wiggle High5, s.t.
6. Amanda Spratt (Aus) ORICA-Scott, + 00:28
7. Jolien D’hoore (Bel) Wiggle High5, + 01:47
8. Sheyla Gutiérrez Ruiz (Esp) Cylance, s.t.
9. Dani King (GBr) Cylance, s.t.
10. Gracie Elvin (Aus) ORICA-Scott, s.t.
Reports from the race, Cyclingnews and Ella Cycling Tips. Team reports with from Sunweb, with a gallery, Boels-Dolmans – and their gallery, ORICA-Scott, Wiggle High 5, and photo gallery from Cervélo-Bigla. Report and gallery from Canyon-SRAM and from their first time rider Leah Thorvilson. Lovely photos from FDJ-Nouvelle Aquitaine-Futuroscope.
You can find all the sponsors of the race under the banner picture of the race website. Please take 5 minutes and click through from the page – and if you want to thank them, you can find their social media and other contacts that way (they’re usually at the bottom of the page).
Annemiek van Vleuten’s comments on her website
Sarah Roy’s video
Team video from Sport Vlaanderen-Etixx-Guill d’Or
This one was shown in full, filmed by the Motomedia team. You can watch the full race replay here – and it’s great, because the excellent race graphics men if you don’t have time for the full thing, you can pick a distance you want, and watch!
There will be highlights shown on Eurosport.NL on Wednesday 1st March at 18:00, Friday 3rd at 22:45, Saturday 4th at 13:15, and Sunday 5th at 19:30 – all times in European CET.
Video from Sarah Roy:
1. Jolien D’hoore (Bel) Wiggle-High5, 3:17:41
2. Chloe Hosking (Aus) Alé Cipollini, s.t.
3. Sarah Roy (Aus) ORICA-Scott, s.t.
4. Lotta Lepistö (Fin) Cervélo-Bigla, s.t.
5. Lotte Kopecky (Bel) Lotto-Soudal, s.t.
6. Roxane Fournier (Fra) FDJ-Nouvelle Aquitaine-Futuroscope, s.t.
7. Kirsten Wild (Ned) Cylance, s.t.
8. Ellen van Dijk (Ned) Sunweb, s.t.
9. Amalie Dideriksen (Den) Boels-Dolmans, s.t.
10. Lauren Kitchen (Aus) WM3, s.t.
If you want to thank the race organisers, you can do it on their facebook or send them an email – and their major sponsors are SPAR Belgium, ‘t Rietlaer, Kovera Keukens, Mol d’Art, Sport Vlaanderen, Jacobs Verwarming and Remeha. Contact them through the media of your choice and thank them – and if you do it on twitter, include the #OmloopHageland hashtag.
If you want to know which races we can watch live next, here’s my guide – and as always, huge thanks to my wonderful Patreon supporters, who fund me to do this kind of thing from as little as £/$/€ 2 a month.