I still can’t get over the amazing women’s racing from the Bieles 2017 Cyclocross World Championships! The U23 women’s race was incredible enough, and then the Elite Women’s was just completely spectacular – one of the very, very best races I’ve ever seen in any kind of cycling, women’s or men’s. It had everything – riding skills, drama, surprises, and a worthy winner, on a fantastic course. I’m still getting the hairs stand up on the back of my neck, thinking of it!
If you missed any of it, here’s my collection of videos, photos and other media. There’s a lot of it! I’m start with the Elite women, and then move onto the U23s. As always, if you seen anything I’ve missed, tell me in the comments, or on twitter, and I’ll edit them in.
Elite women’s race
UCI Highlights and full race replay
Can’t see the UCI stream? There’s an alternative here.
There are lots more video clips on Sporza’s race matchcenter and on NOS.nl.
1. Sanne Cant, Belgium, 0:43:06
2. Marianne Vos, Netherlands, + 00:01
3. Katerina Nash, Czech Republic, + 00:21
4. Lucinda Brand, Netherlands, s.t.
5. Maghalie Rochette, Canada, + 00:36
6. Eva Lechner, Italy, + 00:53
7. Christine Majerus, Luxembourg, +01:21
8. Ellen van Loy, Belgium, + 01:25
9. Nikki Brammeier, Great Britain, + 01:31
10. Kaitlin Antonneau, USA, + 01:46
Race report and gallery on Cyclingnews
Shimano followed Marianne Vos at Worlds
Third-placed Katerina Nash
Lucinda Brand 4th, and Maghalie Rochette 5th
Video about local star Christine Majerus, from the UCI
U23 women’s race
UCI Highlights and full race replay
Can’t see the UCI stream? There’s an alternative here
1. Annemarie Worst, Netherlands, 0:43:47
2. Ellen Noble, USA, + 00:10
3. Evie Richards, Great Britain, + 00:26
4. Laura Verdonschot, Belgium, + 01:08
5. Manon Bakker, Netherlands, + 01:41
6. Nikola Noskova, Czech Republic, + 01:44
7. Ceylin Del Carmen Alvarado, Netherlands, + 02:!7
8. Emma White, USA, + 02:37
9. Malene Deign, Denmark, + 02:45
10. Inge van der Heijden, Netherlands, + 02:57
Race report and photos on Cyclingnews
Interview with second-placed Ellen Noble
After my first-ever CX race my dad told me he knew I'd become Cyclocross National Champion someday. 8 months after he passed away, I proved him right. He believed in me in ways no one else can. He gave me confidence I still carry with me today. And he gave me my fight – to succeed for him. But I don't think even he could have predicted this weekends result. And there is nothing I wouldn't give for him to have been there for it. I had a lot of motivators this weekend. But above all else, I felt this locket around my neck and pushed a little deeper. "For dad." ❤️#hecklerfromheaven #lovealways #fuckcancer #championstandard photo: @mcmahon_meg
Flight to Worlds: $1,500 Silver Sequined Dress from Spain: $12.99 Winning a silver medal at Worlds to match your party dress: priceless. • 🍾🍾🍾 Still a little beyond words after yesterday's World Champs ride. It was the ride of my life. There is so much I want to say; so many people to thank but I don't know where to begin. For now I'm just enjoying the moment in this dress. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the love. More to come ❤️ #bieles2017 #cxworlds #happyracersgofaster #thisendlessadventure #bepositivebepresent #womeninsport #cyclocross #girlswhoride #sohappy
The press conference, video-ed by CX Magazine
Don’t forget, Cyclocross doesn’t stop here! We have three more major women’s races that will be streamed live:
- IJsboerke Ladies Trophy (DVV Trophee) #8 – Krawatencross, Lille, Saturday 4th February, 13:30 European CET (12:30pm UK GMT, 7:30am USA EST, 11:30pm Australian AEST) – watch live on Sporza in Belgium, the Bike Channel in the UK, Trek Bikes in the USA and there’ll be streams here and here
- SuperPrestige #7 – Hoogstraten, Sunday 5th February, 13:30 CET (12:30pm GMT, 7:30am USA EST, 11:30pm Australian AEST) – watch live on Telenet or Proximus TV in Belgium, and there should be be streams here and here
- SuperPrestige #8 – Middelkerke Noord Zee Cross, Saturday 11th February, 13:30 CET (12:30pm GMT, 7:30am USA EST, 11:30pm Australian AEST) – watch live on Telenet or Proximus TV in Belgium, and there should be be streams here and here
Big thanks to my Patreon supporters, who pay me to do this kind of thing!