This week we catch up on all the Australian nationals results, the cyclocross nationals and the Women’s Tour Down Under along with a detailed and robust conversation about how hard it is (or isn’t) to provide race highlights. Sarah’s been suffering with a terrible lung infection and manages to only cough up parts of her internal organs, while keeping the entire episode actually within reasonable bounds. It’s the unicorn episode kid. (1:00:51 MIN / 57.06 MB)
Sarah is going to be giving two free talks next week – at the Roll for the Soul bike cafe in Bristol, on Thursday 26th January, and via link into BFF Bikes on Saturday 28th – click through those links and sign up!
Things we talked about this week
This week’s racing
Videos and media from:
- Various Cyclocross National Championships
- The Santos Women’s Tour (Down Under)
- Sarah’s thoughts on the TDU coverage (and pitchforks!) – and that ridiculous VeloNews article about the lack of podium girls for the men’s race.
Fiuggi Cyclocross World Cup
Australian National Road Championships
New Zealand Road Championships
Other things we saw recently
Team Africa Rising’s piece on Nouran Salah‘s work in Cairo helping refugee women get cycling.
Marianne Vos on Ella Cycling Tips talking about her
Dame Sarah Storey talking about the need for a serious plan to make changes in Paracycling.
Want to join the Zwift/Canyon-SRAM Academy? Find out more on Ella.
The teams that will be getting automatic invitations to the 2017 Women’s World Tour are in this piece, on Cyclingnews.
Great little video about Cyclocross, from Specialized:
- The last 2016/7 Cyclocross World Cup – GP Adrie de Poel, Hoogerheide! Sunday 22nd January, 13:30 Euro CET (12:30 UK GMT; 7:30am USA EST; 11:30pm Aussie AEDT) – will be streamed live on the UCI YouTube channel. More streams here.
- 2017 Cyclocross World Championships, Bieles, Luxembourg, 26-29th January – women’s U23 and elite races on the 28th, and the elites should be live – streams will be here.
- Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race, 28th January, from 11:45am Aussie AEDT (00:45am UK GMT; 01:45 Euro CET; 7:45pm on 27th, North American EST) – should be live, come back nearer the time for more information.