This week we cover the huge amount of video and information coming from the Tour de l’Ardeche and contrast that with the dearth of information available from the Boels Rental Ladies Tour. We take a bit of a detour through interesting team performances over the course of the year and wind up with a look ahead at worlds, the paralympics and a whole heap of forthcoming racing. It’s back to epic length podcastery this week and it is stunning! (1:18:03 MIN / 71.48 MB)
Things we talked about this week include…
Sarah’s been short-listed in the Total Women’s Cycling 2016 Awards, in the Cycling Initiatives category – she knows she can’t win, but is thrilled to be included alongside such great work! Voting closes on 12th September, make sure you vote in all categories!
This week’s racing
Trials World Championships
We know nothing about Trials, but we’re so impressed at their skills! Report on the UCI website, photos, and highlights, including the top 3 women’s rounds, and an interview with new World Champion Nina Reichenbach:
I love the Lotto Belgium Tour’s twitter, and their videos on the Motomedia Team Vimeo, but the Prologue was awesome, the return of Annemiek van Vleuten after her horrific crash in the Rio Olympic Road Race. I was amazed she was ok then, and I’m delighted she’s not just back, but on top.
(Results in the stage link titles)
Other things we liked this week
It’s nearly Cyclocross season! Celebrate with this profile of the awesome Helen Wyman:
We’ve finally found out which riders will be staying at the Rabo-liv team next year, though not the name, or who, if anyone, will join them. It’s a much smaller squad than we’ve been used to, but still super-strong.
Keep up to date with all the transfer news on Cycling Fever’s superb collection.
This made us smile a lot:
And also on Ella, Aussie rider Chloe McConville talks about what Anti-Doping tests are really like.
Kadeena Cox is aiming at Paralympic glory on the athletics AND cycling tracks
- Lotto-Belgium Tour, 6-9th September, Belgium. Follow live on the race twitter and with the #LottoBelgiumTour hashtag. They have great media – here’s the video of their route, and their promo:
- Downhill MTB and Trials World Championships, 6-11th September, Italy – there’ll be tons of media, and we’ll do a guide nearer the time, but the Downhill Finals will be streamed live on 11th September, here on Red Bull TV.
- Paralympic Games Track Cycling, 8-11th September, Rio – Sarah’s guide to watching all the track racing live, following the riders on twitter, and more.
- Giro Toscana, 9-11th September, Italy
- Chrono Champenois ITT, 11th September, France – may be streamed live – if it is, Sarah will put up links nearer the time
- Madrid Challenge by La Vuelta, 11th September, Spain – this will be shown live, & Sarah will put up a guide to watching it nearer the time.
- Paralympic Games Road Cycling, 14-17th September, Rio – the road racing isn’t live, but Sarah has a guide to how we can follow it, and the riders’ twitter.
- Cyclocross World Cup 2016/7 #1, CrossVegas, 21st September, USA – we should be able to watch this one live, and I’ll tell you how soon!
- Giro Dell’Emilia, 24th September, Italy
- GP Bruno Beghelli, 25th September, Italy
Sarah’s funded to do all her cycling work, including pulling these posts together, by her wonderful Patreon supporters, who fund her from as little as £/€/$2 a month – if you want to join them, you can do that here!