Podcast 2016 Episode 28 – Danned If You Do
This week Sarah and Dan recap the Trophee d’or and GP Plouay races along with a broader discussion about the summer block of racing and how it’s gone this year with the Olympics. Sarah manages to “dan” the results of at least one race and we also preview the impending cycling at the paralympics. We get stuck into the latest news in transfers and also talk about a couple of interesting new teams on the horizon. (52.52 MIN / 49.40 MB)
Things we talked about this week included:
- The WorldTour GP de Plouay – videos, photos and media here
- The new team, Africa Rising – and to catch up with all the other transfer news, head over the Cycling Fever collection
- Megan Fisher talks about what Para-cycling and and Paralympics mean to her, in this great Ella piece
- And handcyclist Karen Darke is crowd-funding to have a film made of the Rio Paralympic experience – you can support that over here.
- Jill Kintner dominated Crankworx
- Boels Rental Ladies Tour, 30th August-4th September, the Netherlands. Follow the race with the @ladiestour twitter account and the #BRLT16 hashtag. The final stage might be shown live on Dutch channel L1, and Sarah will update about that nearer the time.
- Tour de l’Ardèche, 1st-4th September, France. Follow live with the @TCFIA twitter, though they mostly seem to post links to their facebook, and possibly the #TCFIA hashtag.
- Vallnord MTB World Cup, 3rd-4th September, Andorra – there’ll be tons on media, and the Downhill and Cross Country Finals will be streamed here on Red Bull TV – and Sarah’s guide to watching the races, with amazing pre-race media full of beautiful mountains (sigh!)
- Lotto-Belgium Tour, 6-9th September, Belgium. Follow live on the race twitter and with the #LottoBelgiumTour hashtag.
- Downhill MTB and Trials World Championships, 6-11th September, Italy – thre’ll be tons of media, and we’ll do a guide nearer the time, but the Downhill Finals will be streamed live on 11th September, here on Red Bull TV.
- Paralympic Games Track Cycling, 8-11th September, Rio – we’ll put up a guide to watching nearer the time.
- Giro Toscana, 9-11th September, Italy
- Chrono Champenois ITT, 11th September, France – may be streamed live – if it is, Sarah will put up links nearer the time
- Madrid Challenge by La Vuelta, 11th September, Spain – this will be shown live, & Sarah will put up a guide to watching it nearer the time.
- Paralympic Games Road Cycling, 14-17th September, Rio – we’ll put up a guide to watching nearer the time.