Stage 4 is the mid-point of the Giro Rosa, the last chance for sprinters before the mountains begin with the Mortirolo stage tomorrow. With the original stage changed because of a landslide, it ran around the gorgeous-looking Lago d’Iseo in Lombardy – and this is the media we got.
As always, I’ll be editing in more video, photos and reports as I see them – please do share anything I’ve missed in the comments, or tell me on twitter. You can find my previous collections of videos from the race under my Giro Rosa 2016 tag.
8 mins video from the race, on their facebook – and a longer clip from RAI:
1. Tiffany Cromwell (Aus) Canyon-SRAM, 2:02:24
2. Maria Giulia Confalonieri (Ita) Lensworld Zannata, s.t.
3. Aude Biannic (Fra) Poitou-Charentes.Futuroscope.86, s.t.
4. Marta Bastianelli (Ita) Alé Cipollini, s.t.
5. Michela Pavin (Ita) Inpa-Bianchi, s.t.
6. Arianna Fidanza (Ita) Astana, s.t.
7. Soraya Paladin (Ita) Top Girls Fassa Bortolo, s.t.
8. Leah Kirchmann (Can) Liv-Plantur, s.t.
9. Sheyla Gutierrez Ruíz (Esp) Cylance, s.t.
10. Ilaria Sanguineti (Ita) BePink, s.t.
I am so happy for Cromwell, who’s had a hard few years, and has worked so hard for team-mates – but winning at the Giro is such a special feeling, it must more than make up for it – and I do love a delighted Australian winning shot!
Lots of little video clips of Argentinian team Xirayas de San Luís on the Tour Femenino de San Luís Youtube.
and here’s the tv stats for yesterday’s Stage 3…
Big thanks, as always, to my Patreon supporters, who fund me to do this kind of thing.