Stage 3 of the 2016 Giro Rosa was flat, and as far as we could predict, looked like one for the bunch sprinters – but would the peloton let that happen? Here’s the media we’ve got from the race… I’ll be adding more in as I see it (please do share anything I’ve missed, in the comments, or on twitter)
Here’s what we got from RAI (with the Tour de France in the splitscreen, as the men were racing so slowly today – which is fantastic and hilarious on a lot of different levels)
1. Chloe Hosking (Aus) Wiggle High5, 2:50:14
2. Marta Tagliaferro (Ita) Alé Cipollini, s.t.
3. Giorgia Bronzini (Ita) Wiggle High5, s.t.
4. Roxane Fournier (Fra) Poitou-Charentes.Futuroscope.86, s.t.
5. Barbara Guarischi (Ita) Canyon-SRAM, s.t.
6. Lucinda Brand (Ned) Rabo-Liv, s.t.
7. Megan Guarnier (USA) Boels Dolmans, s.t.
8. Leah Kirchmann (Can) Liv-Plantur, s.t.
9. Thalita de Jong (Ned) Rabo-liv, s.t.
10. Michela Pavin (Ita) Inpa-Bianchi, s.t.
Race reports from the Giro Rosa – from Ella Cycling Tips, with photos and tweets (check out the photo at the top – happiest winner ever! Adorable!) – and from Cyclingnews, with great photo gallery, and more lovely Hosking-win-face!
More great photos from Vélofocus on their facebook.
Team reports from Wiggle High5, Rabo-liv, Liv-Plantur, Boels-Dolmans and Cylance (I’ll edit the missing ones in later!). Canyon-SRAM report with lovely photos, and Alexis Ryan’s Stage 3 diary with photos. Photos in the Boels-Dolmans Giro Rosa gallery.
Race report from Lex Albrecht.
Lots of little video clips of Argentinian team Xirayas de San Luís on the Tour Femenino de San Luís Youtube.
If you’re wondering how the TV numbers look for this race, here’s the stats for Stage 2:
Please do let me know, here in the comments or on twitter, if you find more media to share – and here’s my reminder of how to follow the race live. And if you’ve missed any of the race so far, my collection from the first three stages is here.
Big thanks, as always, to my Patreon supporters, who fund me to do this kind of thing.