Oh my goodness, the ITT at Richmond! In layman’s terms, the women’s Individual Time Trial championships at the 2015 Road Cycling Championships. There is a LOT of video and photos and blogs – here’s my collection, and I’ll edit in more as I see it.
The UCI highlights
The full race replay is archived here on the UCI website.
That’s geo-restricted, but if you want to watch it, use a paid VPN or a free one like Tunnelbear or Betternet (your own risk of course) and set it to a country like Poland (once the stream starts, turn off your TB to save your free allocation
So Linda Villumsen finally won the title, after five podium places. Felix Matthis asked her about that and her plans for next year, the Rio Olympics and more
Anna van der Breggen told Felix about mixed her feelings on coming second, and looks ahead to the Road Race
Lisa Brennauer was so close to regaining her rainbow jersey – Felix’s interview with her in German
1. Linda Villumsen, New Zealand, 0:40:29.87
2. Anna van der Breggen, Netherlands, + 00:02.54
3. Lisa Brennauer, Germany, + 00:05.26
4. Katrin Garfoot, Australia, + 00:09:32
5. Kristin Armstrong, USA, + 00:20.58
6. Evelyn Stevens, USA, + 00:26.58
7. Ellen van Dijk, Netherlands, + 00:53.98
8. Alena Amialiusik, Belarus, + 01:06.03
9. Ann-Sofie Duyck, Belgium, + 01:19.20
10. Trixi Worrack, Germany, + 01:19:41
Katrin Garfoot talks about coming 4th at her 2nd Worlds
Ellen van Dijk had a mechanical but is very definitely not blaming that – she’s always so classy
Track superstar Tara Whitten was back out of retirement to finish 13th
and her Canadian compatriot Karol-Ann Canuel was 15th
Serika Gulumá Ortíz was racing for Colombia (Spanish)
Here’s the UCI’s backstage video for the day
There will be lots more to come, and I’ll edit it in more as I see it – if you’ve got things you liked, tell me here, or on twitter.