Hey team, what a huge week it’s been. Sarah and Dan are both on a bit of a comedown following all the action of worlds and, of course, the fact that there was some post-race polemica stuff. So, just to be fair, here’s a WARNING: This podcast may contain traces of rants (Sarah limits Dan to a maximum 5 minute rant, but he performs well in his race of truth, beating the clock with time to spare!). BUT we mostly talk about the Junior and Elite Women’s World Championship road races and a whole bunch of cool blogs, stories, videos and also the BMX Supercross World Cup at Chula Vista. Sarah also finally finds the ultimate justification for her default position of wanting everyone to win all the time. (1:15:34 MIN / 72.56 MB)
You can also subscribe for automatic updates via the iTunes store OR via our RSS feed.
Links to things we liked this week
- All the videos from the Junior women’s road race
- All the videos from the elite women’s road race
- Tiffany Cromwell‘s great blog from the road race on Cycling Tips (if you only click one thing, click this!)
- Pauline Ferrand-Prévot answering questions about Jeannie Longo
- Nettie Edmondson‘s blog about the Team Time Trial
- This little BBC film-ette was shown after the men’s Worlds – on where we are with women’s cycling, including Marianne Vos, Lizzie Armitstead, Emma Pooley and Evie Stevens (may be geo-restricted)
BMX Supercross World Cup – Chula Vista
There’s always more!
Elisa Longo Borghini moving to Wiggle Honda for 2015. Sarah’s keeping up to date with all the transfer news (and gossip and conversation in the comments) on Podium Café.
Helen Wyman‘s racing cyclocross in the USA at the moment (she won Day 1 of the Gloucester Rapha Super Cross weekend), and this story about what she’s doing over there is adorable – even if you don’t like CX, read it, it’s a lovely blog about a CX newbie being helped out by a top pro. (Photos from the Gloucester races, Day 1 and Day 2, on VeloNews)
This video from Rachel Atherton‘s GoPro at the Red Bull Foxhunt (downhill MTB mass-start chase event) made Sarah grin a lot.
It was the Great Britain national track championships this weekend (same time as Road Worlds? Very clever, British Cycling…) and I laughed at Katie Archibald‘s blog about riding home from it. Some Wiggle Honda videos from it: