Podcast Special Feature – Episode 42 – Sarah Interviews Bridie O’Donnell
In this special interview leading into the Elite Women’s World Championship road race Sarah talks to Australian Dr Bridie O’Donnell, who has raced professionally in Europe and the US, and is now racing in the Australian National Road Series. Sarah and Bridie talk about a whole raft of cycling things including what it’s like racing the NRS and how talent is developing in Australia. They also cover some of the recent controversies in the sport and Bridie shares similar experiences she’s had (like having trouble being paid and how that affects a rider’s performance). Of course they talk worlds and a whole bunch of other things too. If you know the good Doctor from either her twitter or her website, then you’ll know she’s an excellent storyteller who doesn’t shy away from the tough conversations (UPDATE: for example, her pithy response to some of the commentary on the 2014 Worlds road race) . This is a cracking interview and perfect to get you fired up for worlds! (41:05 MIN / 39.45 MB)
What we’ve been talking about lately
- Podcast 2016 Episode 34 – The Dystopic Science Fiction Architectural Cycling Digest
- 2016 Road World Championships – videos, photos & media from the Road Races
- Guest post: Peter van der Veen: Amstel Gold Race for women, fantastic! Or not so?
- Podcast 2016 Episode 33 – Sarah Is Not Allowed On Mountain Bikes
- 2016 ITT World Championships – videos, photos and more