SO MUCH GOOD STUFF! As always, videos and photos, and I love that…. BUT! What is it with the UCI video clips? I don’t know why, but the UCI World Cup promos are always full of crashes, and not the dramatic “OMG World Cup leader crashes and destroys her season” crashes that are necessary to the storyline, but “haha, watch this race, there’ll be loads of crashes to laugh at” that makes me roll my eyes – I mean, really? And then their highlights videos always have tons of shots of attractive women in the crowds in short-shorts and so on, and I don’t get it at all – why is the governing body of the sport putting out videos where there are more clips of audience totty than of actual women racing? It’s the same women flicking their hair in all three videos, too, and what are we, 1978?
At least there’s Red Bull, who have the superb race footage, great commentary and commission awesome videos from the Parkin Brothers, where the women are racing hard, jumping, battling and then talking about the actual race! I swear, Red Bull does far more for MTB than the UCI! And all the great stuff from teams, too, MTB really knows how to show their fans some love.
More crowd-totty and no shots of Ragot’s winning run in that…. rolling my eyes SO hard. Luckily we have the excellent Parkin Brothers video highlights on Red Bull Bike, with interview with Emmeline Ragot, and the full race replay on Red Bull tv. But because I know you want more…
- The fantastic Red Bull GoPro course preview from Claudio Caluori (love these!)
- Trackwalk galleries from Dirt Magazine and Pinkbike and trackwalk video with Rachel Atherton on Red Bull Bike.
- Practice galleries on Dirt, including audio interview with Rachel Atherton and Tahnée Seagrave, and gallery on Pinkbike, and Rob Warner’s post-quali video interviews on Red Bull Bike, including Manon Carpenter, Tahnée Seagrave and her dad Tony, but mostly the guys.
- Qualifying galleries on Dirt and Pinkbike, and Red Bull Bike video.
- Finals galleries on Dirt and Pinkbike. And full final results on Dirt.
- Pinkbike photo-essay following Madison-Saracen‘s race, including Manon Carpenter‘s GoPro race run, which is also here:
- More team videos (damn, I love MTB teams!) Myriam Nicole is still injured, but she sent a video message through that’s included in the Commençal Riding Addiction video:
Preview photo galleries on Pinkbike – and preview video, with great explanations of Enduro, on Dirt – I do love how Dirt promotes this sport, I knew nothing about Enduro MTB before I started watching these, and I love Cunny’s commentary, he just seems delighted to be there.
Full video highlights of the racing, including interviews with Tracy Moseley and Cecile Ravanel, and of course great riding in gorgeous mountain scenery, on Dirt. And more video: