If you loved La Course by Le Tour de France and want to see more live women’s cycling….
Here’s what’s coming up next in live women’s road cycling:
- Commonwealth Games – 31st July the ITT and 3rd August the Road Race. I’ve got the full guide to watching the races here – but there should be streams, hopefully.
- Sparkassen Giro, 3rd August – the 5th round of the Road World Cup – it’s not live but we can follow on twitter, and there’ll be a 20min UCI videos from the race within a week.
- Prudential Ride London, 9th August – women’s crit race, Armitstead v Vos on the Mall in London, shown live on the BBC, so there should be streams too.
- Open de Suède Vårgårda World Cups – the team time trial World Cup on 22nd August won’t be live, but the World Cup road race on 24th August will be streamed by Swedish tv, so hopefully we can watch it live, because it’s a hilly lap race, can be won in all sorts of ways.
- GP de Plouay, 30th August – the final round of the Road World Cup, and it’s usually streamed live by French tv – always a superb race.
- Road World Championships, 21st-27th September, there are almost always some streams.
That’s what we should see live – there should be lots of videos in the intervening races too – I love the CyclingFever calendar for their great information, and Velofocus for race previews. I’ll be putting posts up about how to watch the road and the MTB live nearer each race – here’s the section for that – and you can see videos I find from the races with the video tag. And for more advice on how to follow women’s racing as it happens, here’s a guide I wrote.