Help support Specialized-lululemon – the Velocio Sports Project X
This is a really interesting project – as Specialized-lululemon‘s sponsorship deals with Specialized and lululemon come to an end, team boss Kristy Scrymgeour is planning a new way of funding the team, and engaging fans in growing women’s cycling at the same time. She’s set up an indiegogo fundraiser to try to raise $700,000 – and just donating a dollar makes you part of the Velociosports club, with more perks including t-shirts, jerseys the chance to talk to and ride with team members, and legend Ina-Yoko Teutenberg. Click through and read all about it, and in this article on Bicycling Magazine’s site – and if you can, please donate. The fundraiser runs until 5th September, and I’ll be watching it with interest!
Oh, and if you need further persuading, check out this team video, with Carmen Small and the team demonstrating echelons and pacelines, using attack biscuits….
What we’ve been talking about lately
- Podcast 2017 Episode 2 – Race Coverage and Podium Presenters
- The 2017 Santos Women’s Tour (Down Under!) – videos, media, results and more
- On pitchforks, patience, demand, and the Tour Down Under
- How to follow the 2017 Santos Women’s Tour
- Who won the 2017 Cyclocross National Championships? The big video collection!