Help support Specialized-lululemon – the Velocio Sports Project X
This is a really interesting project – as Specialized-lululemon‘s sponsorship deals with Specialized and lululemon come to an end, team boss Kristy Scrymgeour is planning a new way of funding the team, and engaging fans in growing women’s cycling at the same time. She’s set up an indiegogo fundraiser to try to raise $700,000 – and just donating a dollar makes you part of the Velociosports club, with more perks including t-shirts, jerseys the chance to talk to and ride with team members, and legend Ina-Yoko Teutenberg. Click through and read all about it, and in this article on Bicycling Magazine’s site – and if you can, please donate. The fundraiser runs until 5th September, and I’ll be watching it with interest!
Oh, and if you need further persuading, check out this team video, with Carmen Small and the team demonstrating echelons and pacelines, using attack biscuits….
What we’ve been talking about lately
- Podcast 2016 Episode 34 – The Dystopic Science Fiction Architectural Cycling Digest
- 2016 Road World Championships – videos, photos & media from the Road Races
- Guest post: Peter van der Veen: Amstel Gold Race for women, fantastic! Or not so?
- Podcast 2016 Episode 33 – Sarah Is Not Allowed On Mountain Bikes
- 2016 ITT World Championships – videos, photos and more