I can’t believe this year’s race is over – such pangs of withdrawal symptoms, but wow, what a race to finish on. First of all you need to read the blogs about the early parts of the stage, from Chloe Hosking, and from Tiffany Cromwell on CyclingTips – and then you MUST read Marijn de Vries’ blog on the Madonna del Ghisallo climb, it’s such an evocative piece. (Although they all three give away the ending 🙂 )Now you can watch the videos. If you want, you can read my race report on Podium Café, but the hour-long highlights have pretty much the entire of the Ghisallo climb:
1. Emma Pooley (GBr) Lotto-Belisol, 1:57:40, + 10″ bonifications
2. Pauline Ferrand-Prévot (Fra) Rabobank-Liv, + 00:25, + 8″ bonis
3. Marianne Vos (Ned) Rabobank-Liv, s.t., + 7″ bonis
4. Anna van der Breggen (Ned) Rabobank-Liv, + 00:33
5. Mara Abbott (USA) UnitedHealthcare, s.t.
6. Elisa Longo Borghini (Ita) Hitec Products, + 00:38
7. Claudia Lichtenberg (Häusler) (Ger) Liv-Shimano, + 00:49
8. Annemiek van Vleuten (Ned) Rabo-Liv, + 00:50
9. Megan Guarnier (USA) Boels-Dolmans, s.t.
10. Tetyana Riabchenko (Ukr) Michela Fanini, + 01:52
1. Marianne Vos (Ned) Rabobank-Liv, 25:12:07
2. Pauline Ferrand-Prévot (Fra) Rabobank-Liv, + 00:15
3. Anna van der Breggen (Ned) Rabobank-Liv, + 01:32
4. Mara Abbott (USA) UnitedHealthcare, + 01:54
5. Elisa Longo Borghini (Ita) Hitec Products, + 02:06
6. Claudia Häusler (Ger) Liv-Shimano, + 03:18
7. Megan Guarnier (USA) Boels-Dolmans, + 06:59
8. Annemiek van Vleuten (Ned) Rabo-Liv, + 07:16
9. Emma Pooley (GBr) Lotto-Belisol, + 08:23
10. Emma Johansson (Swe) ORICA-AIS, + 08:36
Here’s the video from Rabobank, talking about how they feel after the race:
And here’s Vos talking in the press conference
and Queen of the Mountains Emma Pooley
and Best Italian Elisa Longo Borghini
Another Rabo one in Dutch:
and one final one of them prepping for the race:
More fun, as the final Giro stage had clearly got to Wiggle Honda! (Nice Q&As with riders!)
And of course, the photos from Velofocus – riders crossing the line in various states 🙂
UPDATE! I interviewed Rabo DS Koos Moerenhout about the Madonna del Ghisallo ‘controversy’, and you can read that on Podium Café.
Come back this week for Dan and me podcast-reviewing the last half of the race (listen to the first half here) – and of course, if you see more fun stuff, please add it to the comments, or tell me on twitter!