Video! Stage 9, Giro Rosa 2014
I can’t believe this year’s race is over – such pangs of withdrawal symptoms, but wow, what a race to finish on. First of all you need to read the blogs about the early parts of the stage, from Chloe Hosking, and from Tiffany Cromwell on CyclingTips – and then you MUST read Marijn de Vries’ blog on the Madonna del Ghisallo climb, it’s such an evocative piece. (Although they all three give away the ending )Now you can watch the videos. If you want, you can read my race report on Podium Café, but the hour-long highlights have pretty much the entire of the Ghisallo climb:
1. Emma Pooley (GBr) Lotto-Belisol, 1:57:40, + 10″ bonifications
2. Pauline Ferrand-Prévot (Fra) Rabobank-Liv, + 00:25, + 8″ bonis
3. Marianne Vos (Ned) Rabobank-Liv, s.t., + 7″ bonis
4. Anna van der Breggen (Ned) Rabobank-Liv, + 00:33
5. Mara Abbott (USA) UnitedHealthcare, s.t.
6. Elisa Longo Borghini (Ita) Hitec Products, + 00:38
7. Claudia Lichtenberg (Häusler) (Ger) Liv-Shimano, + 00:49
8. Annemiek van Vleuten (Ned) Rabo-Liv, + 00:50
9. Megan Guarnier (USA) Boels-Dolmans, s.t.
10. Tetyana Riabchenko (Ukr) Michela Fanini, + 01:52
1. Marianne Vos (Ned) Rabobank-Liv, 25:12:07
2. Pauline Ferrand-Prévot (Fra) Rabobank-Liv, + 00:15
3. Anna van der Breggen (Ned) Rabobank-Liv, + 01:32
4. Mara Abbott (USA) UnitedHealthcare, + 01:54
5. Elisa Longo Borghini (Ita) Hitec Products, + 02:06
6. Claudia Häusler (Ger) Liv-Shimano, + 03:18
7. Megan Guarnier (USA) Boels-Dolmans, + 06:59
8. Annemiek van Vleuten (Ned) Rabo-Liv, + 07:16
9. Emma Pooley (GBr) Lotto-Belisol, + 08:23
10. Emma Johansson (Swe) ORICA-AIS, + 08:36
Here’s the video from Rabobank, talking about how they feel after the race:
And here’s Vos talking in the press conference
and Queen of the Mountains Emma Pooley
and Best Italian Elisa Longo Borghini
Another Rabo one in Dutch:
and one final one of them prepping for the race:
More fun, as the final Giro stage had clearly got to Wiggle Honda! (Nice Q&As with riders!)
And of course, the photos from Velofocus – riders crossing the line in various states
UPDATE! I interviewed Rabo DS Koos Moerenhout about the Madonna del Ghisallo ‘controversy’, and you can read that on Podium Café.
Come back this week for Dan and me podcast-reviewing the last half of the race (listen to the first half here) – and of course, if you see more fun stuff, please add it to the comments, or tell me on twitter!