Videos! Giro Rosa 2014 Stage 6
Oh my goodness, “watching” Stage 6 – the first mountain stage – was so nail-biting, just from twitter – big early attacks, breakaways, solo-ing and one of those endings where the gap is plummeting as the kilometres tick down…. Wow! My race report is over on Podium Café – but here are the videos I’ve found.
the race highlights, with interviews (including in English)
The hour of Italian tv:
and here’s a fan-video of the first climb of the day, where the big escape happened
OMG OMG OMG! Yeah, you know I’m an Emma Pooley fan! She very kindly answered some questions about how the race felt, especially after such a bad start to the Giro, along with Amanda Spratt‘s Stage 6 Q&A, and some answers from Jolien D’Hoore on her first Giro. It’s all over here on Podium Café, go and read it!
1. Emma Pooley (GBr) Lotto-Belisol, 3:05:46
2. Anna van der Breggen (Ned) Rabobank-Liv, + 00:15
3. Marianne Vos (Ned) Rabo-Liv, s.t.
4. Pauline Ferrand-Prévot (Fra) Rabobank-Liv, s.t.
5. Claudia Lichtenberg Häusler (Ger) Liv-Shimano, s.t.
6. Elisa Longo Borghini (Ita) Hitc Products, s.t.
7. Mara Abbott (USA) UnitedHealthcare, s.t.
8. Katarzyna Niewiadoma (Pol) Rabobnk-Liv, + 01:06
9. Annemiek van Vleuten (Ned) Rabo-Liv, + 04:19
10. Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio (RSA) Hitec Products, s.t.
1. Marianne Vos (Ned) Rabobank-Liv, 18:03:19
2. Pauline Ferrand-Prévot (Fra) Rabobank-Liv, + 00:45
3. Elisa Longo Borghini (Ita) Hitec Products, + 00:53
4. Anna van der Breggen (Ned) Rabobank-Liv, + 02:12
5. Claudia Häusler (Ger) Liv-Shimano, + 02:17
6. Mara Abbott (USA) UnitedHealthcare, + 02:58
7. Katarzyna Niewiadoma (Pol) Rabobnk-Liv, + 04:41
8. Annemiek van Vleuten (Ned) Rabo-Liv, + 06:09
9. Emma Johansson (Swe) ORICA-AIS, + 06:18
10. Megan Guarnier (USA) Boels-Dolmans, s.t.
11. Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio (RSA) Hitec Products, + 06:26
Vos is on the podium of COURSE! And if you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to be a bottle of prosecco on the podium (I can’t believe I just wrote that!) watch this Rabo video!
Keep coming back for all the rest of the video – 3 more stages to go!