Videos! Stage 5, Giro Rosa 2014
It was the last day before the mountains start – fast, fast, fast. Before you do anything else, read Chloe Hosking’s blog about it, it gives a really great insight into how team tactics work, and what it’s like inside the sprint.
My race report is on Podium Café, but here are videos and links I liked from the stage.
Full hour of highlights from Italian tv – and 15 mins race highlights from the race organisers, with English interviews with Evie Stevens and Marianne Vos
Here’s Marianne Vos describing the finish, in English
1. Marianne Vos (Ned) Rabo-Liv, 2:53:30, + 10″ bonifications
2. Giorgia Bronzini (Ita) Wiggle Honda, s.t., + 6″ bonis
3. Shelley Olds (USA) Alé-Cipollini, s.t., + 4″ bonis
4. Emma Johansson (Swe) ORICA-AIS, s.t.
5. Chloe Hosking (Aus) Hitec Products, s.t.
6. Annalisa Cucinotta (Ita) Servetto Footon, s.t.
7. Carmen Small (USA) Specialized-lululemon, s.t.
8. Giada Borgato (Ita) Estado de Mexico-Faren, s.t.
9. Lucy Garner (GBr) Liv-Shimano, s.t.
10. Edita Janeliunaite (Ltu) Forno d’Asolo Astute, s.t.
Giorgia Bronzini was very disappointed after the race – here’s the Wiggle Honda video, with her describing what happened
1. Marianne Vos (Ned) Rabobank-Liv, 14:57:22
2. Pauline Ferrand-Prévot (Fra) Rabobank-Liv, + 00:41
3. Elisa Longo Borghini (Ita) Hitec Products, + 00:49
4. Annemiek van Vleuten (Ned) Rabo-Liv, + 02:01
5. Emma Johansson (Swe) ORICA-AIS, + 02:10
6. Megan Guarnier (USA) Boels-Dolmans, s.t.
7. Claudia Häusler (Ger) Liv-Shimano, + 02:13
8. Anna van der Breggen (Ned) Rabobank-Liv, + 02:14
9. Ashleigh Moolman (RSA) Hitec Products, + 02:18
10. Audrey Cordon (Fra) Hitec Products, + 02:44
Two more videos from Rabo – profiling the bus driver/soigneur
and any doubt as to who the Rabo riders were supporting in the football World Cup?