Videos and fun from the 2014 Fort William Downhill MTB World Cup
Damn, I love Fort William – so beautiful, so iconic, and the racing was spectacular! Here’s some fun things I’ve found from the race coverage – videos, photos and more – starting with the UCI’s highlights
As usual, there’s a ton of great photography and videos from each of the days:
- Huge gallery of photos of riders and their bikes, on Dirt Magazine’s site
- Practice day video on Red Bull Bike, including mini-interview with last year’s winner Rachel Atherton, on being sick since Cairns
- Practice day photos on Dirt (with some audio interviews), and on Pinkbike.
- Highlights video from the Qualifying, by the Parkin brothers on Red Bull Bike
- Post-qualifying interviews video, including Kathy Sessler, manager of the Santa Cruz Syndicate, and Aussie star Tracey Hannah
- Qualification day photos on Dirt, and on Pinkbike – and Pinkbike’s 10 things to watch out for on race day and slideshow with audio interviews on Vital MTB (mostly the guys)
- Photos from the final on Dirt, with audio interviews (including one with Tahnée Seagrave, with Rachel Atherton, Manon Carpenter, Tracey Hannah and Emmeline Ragot), on Pinkbike, and another Pinkbike gallery, mostly of close-ups of riders, and slideshow of photos on Vital MTB, with audio interviews (mostly the guys, but they have Emmeline Ragot, Myriam Nicole and Rachel Atherton, and video from Rachel)
- Post-race interviews on Dirt tv, including Rachel Atherton signing 100 autographs for fans in the background, and talking about puncturing and being disqualified, and Emmeline Ragot talking about her winning run
and the Lapierre Gravity Republic team video, with their brand new bike and Emmeline Ragot talking about her win
UPDATE! And video from the Evil Vengeance Tour, with Morgane Charre
and from Commençal/Riding Addiction, with Myriam Nicole
UPDATE! Here’s Rachel Atherton’s GoPro from the practice runs – SO COOL!
and as well as Downhill, there was also some Four Cross, part of the 4x Pro Tour. Photos and race report from the PT site – and here’s some helmetcam video from the track, and race video and report, from Pinkbike.