Podcast Special Feature – Sarah discusses race social media with Clara Beard
Continuing her series of special one-on-one interviews, Sarah talks with Clara Beard of Tour Tracker fame about race coverage, the technology behind updates and the challenges of covering a race without live video to guide you. They talk about what it’s like to manage the social media for races and compare their experiences with Tour of the Gila, Tour of California, USA Nationals, the Friends Life Women’s Tour and the Edinburgh round of the Tour Series. There’s also (super mature, with NO snickering) talk of dongles… (1:14:21 MIN / 71.57 MB)
Clara was working on the Tour of the Gila, where she was doing live twitter updating amongst other things. She also works for the Tour Tracker, most recently at the Tour of California and the USA National Championships, and you should install their apps, they’re great. She’ll be with them at the Tour of Utah, so keep an eye out for that.
Sarah was working on the Friends Life Women’s Tour, running the live updates on the website and on twitter. You can listen to her talk about the race on that week’s podcast, and see her photos from the Edinburgh round of the Tour Series on her flickr.
What we’ve been talking about lately
- How to follow the 2017 Santos Women’s Tour
- Who won the 2017 Cyclocross National Championships? The big video collection!
- Podcast 2017 Episode 1 – Is the World Tour Less Worldly?
- The 2017 road cycling calendar – where have the changes happened?
- The first races of 2017: GP Sven Nys and the Mitchelton Bay Cycling Classics