Good news everyone! This week we talk in detail about Flèche Wallonne and the extensive tv coverage provided for the race this year (Sarah sets a limit on how much Dan’s allowed to rant, which he accepts gracefully and without comment). We also talk about the BMX Supercross Wold Cup in Manchester and the upcoming MTB Downhill racing in Cairns (and how EVERYTHING in Australia is trying to kill you). There’s blogs and videos from all over the place and two big interviews with Emma Pooley and Evelyn Stevens to highlight. As usual, there’s plenty of swearing, plenty of laughing and lots more, so strap in and prepare for almost as much mayhem as if you were sprinting over the Mur de Huy for the victory. (1:03:59 MIN / 61.42 MB)
This week’s women’s cycling news, videos and links….
We forgot to mention this, but truthfully, we both found it so weird that we’re not sure what we would have said anyway – but we love Ellen van Dijk! Her bizarre interaction in a beauty salon
Meet the Rabo-Liv 2014 team
This week’s racing
Interviews and articles we like (including shameless self-promotion)
- Clara Beard’s great interview with Evelyn Stevens on Bicycling
- Dan’s conversation with Clara and Kyle on the Broken Spokes podcast
- Sarah’s interview with Doctor Emma Pooley – and the great BBC interview with her, talking money and the future.
- Aussie women cyclists you should definitely know about!
- Lovely article on Clara Hughes’ Big Ride starting conversations around mental health.
- How to host a Women Bike Forum, from the League of American Bicyclists
- How to look like the women’s peloton – European, USA and the UK
- Red Bull video with downhill star Rachel Atherton reviewing her 2013 season
- Trackwalk photos from the Cairns downhill MTB World Cup – with spiders and snakes! – on Dirt and Pinkbike – and the Claudio Caluori helmetcam preview on Red Bull bike. VERY muddy Day 1 practice video. Watch the races live!
- Dirt’s videos from the Race 1, Enduro World Series – day 1 and day 2; and photo-essay, day 1 and day 2, from Pinkbike
- Peta Mullen‘s blog on the Rabobank Paasbike
- A day with Eva Lechner
- MTB World Cup #2 – Cairns, 24th-27th April – how to watch it live
- EPZ Omloop van Borsele, Time trial on 25th April & road race on 26th April – this is fantastic, with races for junior women and men alongside the elite women – and they usually have a great ticker and videos on their youtube – look on the website, follow them on twitter, and read Velofocus’ race preview
- Dwars door Westhoek, 27th April – ORICA-AIS preview
Sarah has a preview of the Euro races, with poeple adding great stuff in the comments – on Podium Café