Pietermaritzburg was such a great way to start the 2014 MTB World Cup – superb racing, hot and dusty, rock gardens and hard courses. Here’s all the video – and the amazing photos – from the downhill and cross country women’s races – and please, as always, share anything you find in the comments and on twitter.
Here’s the full replay of the downhill finals – the 10 fastest qualifying women and the 30 fastest men.
Tons of photos and things!
- Trackwalk photos from Dirt – with audio interviews too and trackwalk photo-essay on Pinkbike
- Pinkbike’s gallery of World Cup bikes
- Practice day photo galleries on Dirt and Pinkbike
- Qualifying run galleries – with audio interviews on Dirt and on Pinkbike
- Photos from the finals, on Dirt (with audio interviews alongside the photos – including with the winner, Manon Capenter) and on Pinkbike UPDATE! & photo/audio slideshow on Vital MTB
- More little audio interviews – Manon Carpenter, and Rachel Atherton on qualifying day, and Manon and Rachel after the race
- Photo-essay following the Madison Saracen team at the World Cup, including winner Manon Carpenter, on Pinkbike
- Photos from Lapierre Gravity Republic, with superstar Emmeline Ragot – practice run and finals
The full women’s race is archived on Red Bull tv – and here’s their pre-race Trackwalk video with Maja Wloszczowska and Jolanda Neff of Giant – which was very prescient of Red Bull, given that Neff won the race and Wloszczowska was third!
UPDATE! Course check with the Multivan Merida team, including Gunn-Rita Dahle-Flesjåa
The next round of the World Cup is in Cairns, Australia, with the Eliminator on 25th April, the Downhill finals on 26th April and the women’s and men’s cross country on 27th April – click through to the details of the live streams, with times and so on, and handy count-downs to the starts in your own timezone!