So far in the 2013 UCI World Championships we’ve had the Trade Team Team Time Trial (yes, with two teams), the Individual Time Trial and a bunch of video coverage issues! But Sarah’s promised not to rant and we don’t know if we can last a whole show… Oh who are we kidding? You all know that there’s no way Sarah and I can go a whole podcast without ranting! We also point out a couple of great interviews with Kristy Scrymgeour and Lizzie Armitstead as well as taking some time to catch up on the 4X (Four Cross) and MTB news before making our best guesses at who’s going to win the road race this weekend. (1:24:16 MIN / 80.89 MB)
This we talked about….
ROAD CYCLING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!
- The videos and links from the Team Time Trial World Champs (updated with more things) – Sarah especially likes this UCI video on how it felt for Noemi Cantele, Nettie Edmondson and Adrie Visser to be racing the TTT
- Dan liked this SBS video interview with Specialized-lululemon manager Kristy Scrymgeour, after the TTT (may be geo-restricted to Australia)
- Sarah is really loving the photos of the Worlds from Wei Yuet. Check out his sets from the Worlds – and everything else on his flickr and website!
- If you want to ask why the TTT wasn’t streamed live, when broadcasters wanted it, here’s what to do.
Want to have your voice heard after the women’s TTT worlds wasn’t broadcast? Two emails: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
— Jane Aubrey (@janeaubrey) September 22, 2013
Then, when you get the stock reply back saying it’s all the individual broadcasters’ fault, forward it on to your cycling broadcaster, asking THEM why they didn’t show it, and tell us if you get an answer!
- Videos and links from elite and junior women’s ITT – Sarah especially liked this video of when Ellen van Dijk met the Dutch national team after her win
- Even if you don’t think you like MTB, watch the videos from the Leogang Four Cross World Champs – and check out the photos and videos from the downhill World Cup in the same post
Two things Lizzie – this interview in the Guardian and check her out in Inspire: the Olympic Journey – Lizzie at Plouay is from 3 minutes, Sarah thinks it’s the best short film on cycling she’s seen (may be be geo-restricted to the UK) UPDATE! The Lizzie-only clip is also here, and apparently un-georestricted too! Hoorah!