This week I think Sarah and I might be a bit broken. We definitely go a little crazy and in between talking about Tour de Bretagne, Thüringen Rundfahrt, Limousin, and other cycling stuff we make each other laugh a lot about stupid things. Sorry (not sorry). We round up a bunch of cool things that we saw and do laugh quite a lot. This one’s a classic quickie, just to prove we still can. (47:38 MIN / 45.73 MB)
Things we talked about this week
and we recommend you have a look at all their video clips on youtube – we really liked Monique Hanley talking about cycling with Type 1 Diabetes, Judith Arndt on her post-racing life, and the interview with BMX superstar Caroline Buchanan.
Tour de France petition
On the subject of the TdF, make sure you sign the petition to the ASO set up by Kathryn Bertine, Emma Pooley, Marianne Vos and Chrissie Wellington, calling for women to be able to race at the Tour de France. There’s a ton of information about this in the media, but some links:
- Interview with Pooley about it on road.cc
- Pooley talking (pre-petition) on BBC Radio 4
- Article on Total Women’s Cycling
As Dan says, this is as much about demonstrating there is an audience for the sport as it is for expecting a race to start next year, so add your name!
Last week’s racing
This week’s racing
- Thüringen Rundfahrt – 15th-21st July live ticker, race previews on Les Déesses de la Route, on Velofocus and on the ORICA-AIS website, and there will be daily race reports, with photos, on womenscycling.net.
- Cascade Classic – 16th-21st July – Anne-Marije’s preview on Podium Café – and check into the women’s section for daily race updates.
- European u23 and Junior Road Cycling Championships – 18th and 21st July.
- Tour Féminin en Limousin – 18th-21st July – Check out Le Blog de Gwéna and VeloNova for the best sources information, too – and previews on Les Déesses and Velofocus