Hi kids! This week it’s pretty much all Giro Rosa, Giro Rosa, Giro Rosa. The race is ongoing. We’ve had three amazing stages and Sarah and I do our best to capture the variety and craziness of it all. We also look at what’s left (including stage 4 which is going on right now!!!!!) and we slip in a few swears and rants just so you feel like we’ve made a good effort, but in the interest of getting the episode up quickly it’s all in one glorious take. Here’s the first ever UNEDITED Unofficial, Unsanctioned Women’s UCI Cycling Show! (1:17:42 MIN / 74.59 MB)
Of course, we had to start with the official Giro Rosa theme tune!
This week we talked about the Giro Rosa!
Here are the links…
- Sarah’s guide to the Giro Rosa has links to all the race info, tv and twitter coverage and a lot more – but visit the race website, and follow them on twitter anyway
- All Sarah’s race updates, rider interviews and things are easily accessed via the Podium Café storystream – daily race reports and rider perspectives and a lot more!
- If you only watch one Giro Rosa video, make sure it’s this one – Vos’ crazy-brilliant bike-handling, and talking about it later in English
— Marianne Vos (@marianne_vos) July 1, 2013
- If you want to compare our version of what’s happened in the Giro to a pro-rider’s Amber Pierce has some reviews, which we’re hosting on our youtube – on Stage 1, and the combined Stages 2 & 3 – go and watch!
- Kathryn Bertine’s article on the chicken-and-egg issues in USA cycling. (Don’t forget, you can still donate to Bertine’s women’s cycling documentary, Half the Road!)
- Evie Steven’s blog on getting over Dutch Anxiety
- Koos Moerenhout’s photo of the Stage 3 finish (scroll down)
- What’s it like to go to a women’s race? We loved this article by Saul, about the Emakumeen Bira – and we want that trophy! Saul usually writes for Cobbles & Hills – if you’re looking for women’s cycling news in Spanish and about Spanish & South American cyclists, check out their women’s section
- And if you want to see what it’s like at the Giro for fans, follow Velofocus on twitter, and look at his photos. We’re not jealous….
- We liked Monique Hanley’s blog on the discrepancies between women’s and men’s cycling, action to take, and what Cycling Victoria are doing about it. Follow her on twitter, too
- Finally, Elisa Longo Borghini isn’t racing, due to breaking her
I suffered every km of the stage like I was at @GiroRosa2013. I’d like to be there racing, but I’m happy for Rossella who took the white!
— Elisa Longo Borghini (@ElisaLongoB) July 2, 2013