This week Sarah
brags talks about her adventures in the Hitec Products UCK team car. Dan is absolutely not even a little bit jealous at all. You can tell because he’s definitely not a bastard who asks snarky, jealous questions. Also, we talk about Flèche Wallone: the race, the coverage, how hard it is to live tweet a race with no information from race radio and how it’s actually possible to have worse coverage of a race than no coverage (Dan goes on a sweary rant at this point). (1:03:11 MIN / 60.57 MB)
Or you can subscribe for FREE via iTunes over here.
Things we talked about this week
- Sarah went to the Flèche Wallonne with Hitec Products UCK, and can’t shut up about it! Here are her photos – and make sure you’re following the Hitec team site, facebook and twitter
- There’s video of the race! 2 minutes on Sporza (please click through so they know we want more), and the UCI video:
- and the ORICA backstage pass video probably has the most comprehensive video of the women’s race (which is not much at all)
- More videos from the race in Sarah’s Flèche Wallonne Femmes video post
- Great photos and race report by CJ Farqhuarson on womenscycling.net and her photos on Cyclingnews
- We didn’t talk about this, but Inner Ring has some depressing figures about the difference between the men’s and women’s Flèche prize pot….
The men’s winner of the Flèche Wallonne wins €16,000. The women’s winner wins €1,128 or 14 times less.
— the Inner Ring (@inrng) April 16, 2013
This weekend’s racing:
- Omloop van Borsele EPZ – previews on Velofocus and on Les Déessees de la Route
- Dwars door de Westhoek – previews on Les Déesses de la Route and on Velofocus
Love advice as race tactics! If you have a question, ask in the comments, or email on prowomenscycling[at]gmail[dot]com
We didn’t talk about this, but here’s the 26 minutes video from the first two rounds of the World Cup, the Ronde van Drenthe and the Trofeo Binda: