Podcast Episode 20 – Dan’s Shock Retirement
First up this week we give an update on the winners of all our social media prizes and then launch into a recap of the women’s worlds road race. Dan has a shock announcement so you may want to make sure that you’re sitting down. He then takes a moment to explain Australian Rules Football to Sarah. We read our first reading request from a donor and take some time to discuss other social media cycling projects and how we’re seeing social media impact the sport in general, in particular looking at the #fanbackedwomensteam project and the Paul Kimmage defense fund. (45:22MIN / 41.2MB)
You can stream the episode by clicking here.
Here are links about things we talked about today:
- The Social Media Jersey announcements post – with all the winners, final numbers, and a lot of thankyous!
- Dan’s Worlds recap (Sarah says read it if you haven’t already, it’s really good!)
- Emma Pooley’s video interview on the BBC after the Worlds road race (might only be viewable in the UK) and Rachel Neylan‘s on SBS
- Monty-on-Podium-Café’s article that uses the Junior Women’s World Road Race to prove that girls are indeed smarter than boys
- Chelsea Hosking’s fundraising page for her Ride to Conquer Cancer – if you can afford to help, please do, it’s a great cause (thanks Kelvin for pointing it out to us)
- The #fanbackedwomensteam idea that’s intriguing Dan and Sarah – check out what it’s aims are, and how you can support it, it’s a really exciting project
- The Paul Kimmage Defence Fund on Cyclismas and nyvelocity
What we’ve been talking about lately
- Podcast 2016 Episode 34 – The Dystopic Science Fiction Architectural Cycling Digest
- 2016 Road World Championships – videos, photos & media from the Road Races
- Guest post: Peter van der Veen: Amstel Gold Race for women, fantastic! Or not so?
- Podcast 2016 Episode 33 – Sarah Is Not Allowed On Mountain Bikes
- 2016 ITT World Championships – videos, photos and more