Podcast Episode 18 – Rock the Vote!
Among other highlights of the show, I don’t edit out my rant about haircuts, Sarah explains how a Frenchman discovers women can ride bikes and I give really bad job and relationship advice. We also talk about l’Ardeche and Brain Wash before previewing the worlds TTT and ITT favourites.
This one’s pretty fast and sweet. (39.08 MIN / 37.57 MB)
Click here to stream (or right-click, save-as to download).
Things we talk about this week:
Stef Wyman‘s post on Cyclismas, The role of fans in women’s cycling (This is the one that describes Sarah as “British Super Dooper Über Massive Huge Slightly Barmey Snarky Passionate Sweary Wicked Awesome fan”!) – and check out how Stef’s team, Matrix-Prendas, do social media, it’s a great website.
UPDATE! Stef’s since written a post on his vision of #fanbackedwomensteam – click through and read it!
Marijn de Vries‘ blogs from the Tour de l’Ardèche:
- Sometimes we’re not women, we’re just cyclists – with the awe of a male ex-pro, when he experienced women’s racing for the first time
- Whistle while you work – on wanting to punch a moto driver in the lips, find a gun, and put herself out of her misery
UPDATE! We didn’t talk about this, but check out former pro Christophe Edaleine, who was Marijn’s DS for the week, blogging from his point of view of l’Ardèche – the same story as in Marijn’s blog, but from the other side!
And finally, we didn’t talk about this, because we ran out of time, but we both really liked this, and recommend you read it…
What we’ve been talking about lately
- Podcast 2016 Episode 34 – The Dystopic Science Fiction Architectural Cycling Digest
- 2016 Road World Championships – videos, photos & media from the Road Races
- Guest post: Peter van der Veen: Amstel Gold Race for women, fantastic! Or not so?
- Podcast 2016 Episode 33 – Sarah Is Not Allowed On Mountain Bikes
- 2016 ITT World Championships – videos, photos and more