Podcast Episode 18 – Rock the Vote!
Among other highlights of the show, I don’t edit out my rant about haircuts, Sarah explains how a Frenchman discovers women can ride bikes and I give really bad job and relationship advice. We also talk about l’Ardeche and Brain Wash before previewing the worlds TTT and ITT favourites.
This one’s pretty fast and sweet. (39.08 MIN / 37.57 MB)
Click here to stream (or right-click, save-as to download).
Things we talk about this week:
Stef Wyman‘s post on Cyclismas, The role of fans in women’s cycling (This is the one that describes Sarah as “British Super Dooper Über Massive Huge Slightly Barmey Snarky Passionate Sweary Wicked Awesome fan”!) – and check out how Stef’s team, Matrix-Prendas, do social media, it’s a great website.
UPDATE! Stef’s since written a post on his vision of #fanbackedwomensteam – click through and read it!
Marijn de Vries‘ blogs from the Tour de l’Ardèche:
- Sometimes we’re not women, we’re just cyclists – with the awe of a male ex-pro, when he experienced women’s racing for the first time
- Whistle while you work – on wanting to punch a moto driver in the lips, find a gun, and put herself out of her misery
UPDATE! We didn’t talk about this, but check out former pro Christophe Edaleine, who was Marijn’s DS for the week, blogging from his point of view of l’Ardèche – the same story as in Marijn’s blog, but from the other side!
And finally, we didn’t talk about this, because we ran out of time, but we both really liked this, and recommend you read it…
What we’ve been talking about lately
- How to follow the 2017 Santos Women’s Tour
- Who won the 2017 Cyclocross National Championships? The big video collection!
- Podcast 2017 Episode 1 – Is the World Tour Less Worldly?
- The 2017 road cycling calendar – where have the changes happened?
- The first races of 2017: GP Sven Nys and the Mitchelton Bay Cycling Classics