Podcast 2013 Episode 10 – The Coverage We Got Was Worse Than No Coverage At All
This week Sarah
brags talks about her adventures in the Hitec Products UCK team car. Dan is absolutely not even a little bit jealous at all. You can tell because he’s definitely not a bastard who asks snarky, jealous questions. Also, we talk about Flèche Wallone: the race, the coverage, how hard it is to live tweet a race with no information from race radio and how it’s actually possible to have worse coverage of a race than no coverage (Dan goes on a sweary rant at this point). (1:03:11 MIN / 60.57 MB)
You can stream the podcast by clicking this link (or right-click, save-as to download it).
Or you can subscribe for FREE via iTunes over here.
Things we talked about this week
- Sarah went to the Flèche Wallonne with Hitec Products UCK, and can’t shut up about it! Here are her photos – and make sure you’re following the Hitec team site, facebook and twitter
- There’s video of the race! 2 minutes on Sporza (please click through so they know we want more), and the UCI video:
- and the ORICA backstage pass video probably has the most comprehensive video of the women’s race (which is not much at all)
- More videos from the race in Sarah’s Flèche Wallonne Femmes video post
- Great photos and race report by CJ Farqhuarson on womenscycling.net and her photos on Cyclingnews
- We didn’t talk about this, but Inner Ring has some depressing figures about the difference between the men’s and women’s Flèche prize pot….
The men’s winner of the Flèche Wallonne wins €16,000. The women’s winner wins €1,128 or 14 times less.
— the Inner Ring (@inrng) April 16, 2013
This weekend’s racing:
- Omloop van Borsele EPZ – previews on Velofocus and on Les Déessees de la Route
- Dwars door de Westhoek – previews on Les Déesses de la Route and on Velofocus
Love advice as race tactics! If you have a question, ask in the comments, or email on prowomenscycling[at]gmail[dot]com
We didn’t talk about this, but here’s the 26 minutes video from the first two rounds of the World Cup, the Ronde van Drenthe and the Trofeo Binda: