Podcast 2013 Episode 4 – Love letters to the peloton
This week we catch up on racing across 3 continents, from Merco to El Salvador to the Drenthe races. It’s all kind of awesome. Dan delivers a PSA for car drivers everywhere, Sarah interviews/predicts Loes Gunnewijk to win Drenthe, along with Emma Johansson, Marijn de Vries, Marianne Vos and everyone else. There’s actually a lot that’s happened the last week and a big weekend coming up so jump on in! (1:07:02 MIN / 64.36MB)
Stream the ‘cast here (right-click, save-as to download).
If you prefer the safety of a walled garden and the iTunes store then here you go.
Things we talked about this week:
- Links to how to watch the World Cup on Saturday – it may not be live after all
- Video of Drentse 8
- Sarah’s preview of the Drenthe races
- Sarah’s interview with Loes Gunnewijk.
- Marijn de Vries blogging on Cyclismas on how the World Cup will be passing though roads she knows from her childhood
- On Saturday there’ll be a livethread for the race on Podium Café – come and join in!
We’re really enjoying the RTV Drenthe coverage of the races – if are too, and want to thank them for doing such a good job, here’s their feedback page, and here’s their Twitter. I bet they’d love to know where you’re from, and if the coverage makes you want to visit, etc etc
ORICA-AIS‘ general awesomeness this week:
- Gracie Elvin‘s videos of life on the road, with lots of insights into ‘backstage’ life
- Emma Johansson‘s superb preview of the Drentse 8 – it’s VERY good!
- DS Dave McPartland’s and Johansson’s thoughts after Le Samyn and after Drentse 8
- We really like the ORICA race previews – bookmark the team’s News page for more as they come
Tielt-Winge video, and the winner, Wiggle Honda‘s Emily Collins, blogging before and after the race – and also Team USA/Exergy TWENTY16′s Jackie Crowell blogging on how she’s finding European racing life. And Elisa Longo Borghini’s solution for the Frozen Eyeball problem!
Things we liked from the Merco Cycling Classic:
- Lots of photos on Cyclingnews – including the roller coaster road and Evie Stevens’ adorable niece
- Tayler Wiles’ blog on her and Stevens failing their Stage 1 victory salute, and Stevens’ blog on overcoming her February Anxiety (poor Evie, we still remember your Dutch Anxiety!)
- Lex Albrecht’s video from the NOW and Novartis for MS team camp
Little video from Marianne Vos’ first elite MTB race, the Sunshine Cup in Cyprus – of COURSE she won!
The video of a car hitting riders in the Vuelta El Salvador TTT. It’s not nice, don’t click unless you really want to.
If you want to tell the UCI what you think about their duty to ensure rider safety in UCI-ranked races, why it’s insane that the women’s Road World Cups are the only UCI events they’ve decided not to stream on their Youtube, or anything else that’s on your mind, please fill in the UCI Stakeholder Survey. It’s open until 15th March 2013, and it’s our chance as fans to make our voices heard about how we want them to take cycling forward. It only takes 10 minutes (unless you have a LOT to say!) so if you haven’t already completed it, please see what we can do to change things.