Podcast 2013 Ep2 – We talk foreign good
You know it’s Spring when it’s snowing and below freezing in Belgium!
That’s right team, the Omloop is almost upon us. We talk the racing season, Track Worlds and have a race-name-pronunciation competition (hint: the winner should not be the person who mispronounces “pronunciation”). You’ll love it, especially because you get to vote in the poll below! This is possibly the sweariest episode we’ve ever done, but that just makes it more fun (I blame it on Sarah making me think of a world without Flanders/Beer). ( 53:52 MIN / 51.71 MB)
You can stream the episode here (right-click, save-as to download).
OR you can tune things i-ish over here.
Edit by Sarah – bear in mind that Dan wrote the questions by himself, before you vote!
Things we talked about this week:
- The women’s Spring Classics calendar – Sarah uses the Cycling Fever version of the calendar for lots of great information about each race.
- The 2013 Road World Cup – yes, lots of cross-over there!
- Saturday’s Omloop het Nieuwsblad – check out Sarah’s preview of the race on Podium Café, and the race website. Sarah will be at the race with the Breast Cancer Care Cycling Team, and you’ll be able to see her reports from the race on Total Women’s Cycling next week – and she’ll tell us AAAAAAAAAALLLL about it next time we podcast.
- Check out Sarah’s interview with Martine Bras from 2011 – with the best “that time the race accommodation was an actual bomb shelter” anecdote ever!
- Matrix Fitness Racing Academy have added Skoda as a sponsor – it’s always great to see a new sponsor in the sport
- The Track World Championships are being streamed live each day on the UCI’s youtube, with a ton of videos added every day too. Click through here to find out more about the winners on day 1, Sarah Hammer of the USA and Miriam Welte and Kristina Vogel of Germany. We’ve been really enjoying following sprint superstar Anna Meares on twitter, as she follows the racing in Australia – she’s such a huge fan of the sport, as well as a great rider
- Hitec‘s brilliant PR stint continues, with more rider profiles on the team facebook, Chloe Hosking in Cyclingnews, and the brilliant video of Siri Minge coooking omlette on the rollers. And if that’s not enough internet sensation for you, here’s the Boels-Dolmans team doing the Harlem Shake
- Sign up to the Podium Cafe FSA DS cycling game over here! (Do it! You can totally whip Sarah and I at it)
- Also, I wrote a thing for #ClickThruThurs over at Digitoro on the changing nature of sports marketing. Edit by Sarah – this is a really interesting, thoughtful piece, coming at things from a marketing perspective. I really recommend you read it