Home > cycling, Social Media, The Unofficial Unsanctioned Social Media Jersey, women's cycling > The Unofficial Unsanctioned Social Media Jersey – prize update

The Unofficial Unsanctioned Social Media Jersey – prize update

It’s very exciting!  We’ve sent out 10 of our 11 real cash prizes for the Unofficial Unsanctioned Social Media Jersey, most of the certificates out, and are only waiting for a few more details before we’ve sent everything out – and once again, we have all of you to thank.

We thought you might want to see what the riders are receiving – all the 11 winners get a certificate:

There's one of these for every rider!

and our fabulous overall Jersey prize winner, Emma Trott, gets a Jersey, too.  This is in the post right now!

Look! A real Jersey!

And here’s the back, with the Jersey sponsors’ names on it:

Isn’t that great?  THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN!!!

We’ve asked the winners if they can take photos of themselves with the fabulous prizes, and anything we get, we’ll post here, so you can see them in real life.  And if you want to remind yourself who won what, check out the prize post – and here’s the post that started it all…  More to come very soon!

About these ads
  1. Patrick Keizer
    October 24, 2012 at 2:38 pm

I feel proud to been part of this. thanks for organizing!
    looking forward to see pictures of the winners and their prizes

• sarahcycling
      October 24, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Thankyou so much – we absolutely couldn’t have done this without you and everyone else! Hopefully we’ll start getting photos trickling through very soon – we’ll put them up as we get them, and then make a big round-up post, maybe even some ideas about next year’s competition – watch this space!

2. Mark Bentley
    October 24, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Thanks for making my day. Work was really shitty today so to see this news when I got home was fantastic!

October 25, 2012 at 3:32 am

Thanks Mark! Always pleased to learn that yet again women’s cycling has saved the day. :)

3. October 25, 2012 at 3:28 am

This is so awesome. Thank you for doing this.

October 25, 2012 at 3:33 am

If I’d known that doing something good would be this much fun, I probably would have given up on evil long ago.*

*DISCLAIMER: I have not given up on evil.

4. entendered
    October 25, 2012 at 3:34 am

I should add that my mate Ben did the design work for the certificates and the jersey and he did a bloody good job of it too. I owe him a fair bit of beer actually.

5. October 25, 2012 at 3:38 am

That is so cool. So glad it was such a huge success for you all. Congrats to the winners and lets do it again next year!!

October 25, 2012 at 3:44 am

It was a success for “us all”. ;) Seriously, we’re so grateful for everyone who helped in any way to promote this event and make it a reality. We’re really excited about 2013. We’ve got some great ideas already.

6. BassFace
    October 26, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Wonderful job, Dan and Sarah! I became a complete convert to women’s cycling after watching the Olympics RR and thought it was the most exciting cycling race (men or women) I’ve seen to date. Happy to have contributed… hope you do this again.

Bobby Ray (BassFace)

• sarahcycling
      October 26, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Wasn’t it amazing? Those women, they love to attack, it made me very, very, very, very happy to see so many people fall in love with the sport I love with the Olympics and then the worlds… happiness!

We’re planning even bigger and better next year – thanks so much for contributing, we absolutely couldn’t have done it without you, and I know the riders really appreciate all the support too!

• BassFace
        October 26, 2012 at 10:53 pm

You’re most welcome, Sarah. I’m now also downloading your podcasts on iTunes… must be a lot of fun recording them. :)

As exciting as the women’s Olympics RR was, I have to admit I’m quite impressed with the skill and professionalism of many of the riders, especially Marianne Vos and Evelyn Stevens – those are my two faves. Vos, obviously, but I was also very impressed by the way Stevens dropped her @Fleche Walloone (sp?). Those two have a great mutual respect & rivalry, and I look forward to seeing their races next year (even if it’s just via whatever internet-feeds can be made available – these races REALLY need more media coverage!).

• sarahcycling
        October 27, 2012 at 10:21 am

Dan said, when he first asked me to podcast with him, that it didn’t matter if no one ever listened to them, as long as we have fun recording them – and we do, it still surprises me that people DO listen, but it’s a ridiculous, fun and silly time of my week, so it makes me happy! :-)

• sarahcycling
        October 27, 2012 at 10:23 am

(Stevens has been incredible, this year. She came late to cycling, and she’s still learning things that cyclists who’ve been racing since they were children do by instinct – but I love her determination to improve, and how she works on those areas over the off-season, and I can’t wait to see what she does next year!)

1. October 25, 2012 at 8:09 am